No get refund will be given after payment is canceled

chuthihiep
Contributor
Contributor

I sent the payment to the seller and they did not confirm me. I opened the dispute and I closed the dispute because they said the late payment was canceled. But the problem is I do not receive refunds. And the seller said the money was holding the paypal. Will my money be lost? The sellers they are not responsible for this matter they say I work with paypal or my bank

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

chuthihiep
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @chuthihiep!

Welcome to the Community! It sounds like you've had a hard time working out a refund with your seller. 😞 I'll be happy to try to help with this. 

To see if the payment has been refunded or not, I would recommend checking the original payment status on your Activity page. If the payment status says "Refunded," then the payment has been credited back to you. Here's some information on how refunds are credited. If the payment shows as "Completed," then this indicates that the seller is still in possession of the money. 

I understand you have opened and closed a dispute on the payment. If you find that the payment was completed and you've closed the dispute already then you would need to continue to work with the seller directly or work with your financial institution to seek reimbursement. 

When working through a dispute, it's very important to leave the dispute open until a mutual resolution is come to with the seller or escalate the dispute to a claim to have PayPal investigate the matter. If a buyer closes a dispute before a refund is issued, regrettably PayPal cannot reopen the dispute. 😞

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.