New to everything! Ko-fi, payments, and donations. [literally no idea what im doing here]

blessyo4
Contributor
Contributor

So Im new to paypal , and I have a ko-fi account. [an online tip jar for creators, one ko-fi is 3 dollars.]

Last month i go notified that id had received 4 ko-fis [12$] from a follower, and said the "payment was on hold"

I did what was asked on the Resolution Center and paypal will 'investigate' the issue,  i was so busy with work that I handnt checked my emails at all, and yesterday I was notified that the payment was reversed.

Im not upset or anything, Im all new to this, did I do something wrong?

Really hoping for an explanation! 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MerryMeredith
New Community Member

I'm also new to paypal and ko-fi. My first payment was put on hold - apparently this is just paypal policy when you're a new user and it will stop putting you on hold after a certain amount of payments made without problems. I don't know why your payment would be reversed though. I hope that was at least a bit helpful.

Login to Me Too

amlynn
New Community Member

I've yet to see Ko-fi payments go through, despite two attempts by two separate people. PayPal has required verification for my account each time then denies the transfer. Customer service insists it's for my protection. After hours of digging around, emailing, and waiting on hold for PayPal customer service, that's the best explanation (which still makes no sense).

Payments from other systems (even from the same people!) are accepted.

PS: I am upset--not so much for losing out on the nice tips but at PP's poor communication and wasting my time trusting this company. In all the time I spent troubleshooting, I could've written a new short story.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.