Need help in proving item has been delivered

JackyLjung
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, item ordered from ebay arrived not as described (old, used, scratches.... but posted as new) and buyer agreed to refund item returned. I am from Singapore, seller is from the US.

The major problem I facing now, the online tracking only shows item from shipping (28 march) to until reaching US post (1 April). Only last week that Singapore Post managed to issue me an official letter stating the item has already been delivered on 7th April.

BUT, according to Singapore Post, only the post office of destination country (in this case, US Post) can update the online tracking status. And apparently they dont give a **bleep** on updating the site. I have waited for weeks before Singpost get a response from US counterparts to confirm the delivery of the item.

PayPal resolution center/complain-response officer has kept stating that they "cannot confirm delivery to your seller's correct location with the tracking information provided", and asking me to "work directly with the seller". And closed my case! Can't even upload any further supporting documents now.

In the official letter from Singapore Post, it is clearly stated the Name and Address of seller (given by seller). Since I produce the official letter from Singapore Post on the item has been delievered, seller has gone quiet and not replying my message.

Now because of the online tracking not updated, I am stucked.

Now I am stucked.

Any kind soul, please help and advise any route to contact a 'proper' PayPal office and how will PayPal accept the official letter from Singapore Post? Rather than just refer to online tracking only.

I have recieved and explained to each and everyone of the different Paypal officers who replied my mail. There is no proper follow up to look into my case.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact PayPal Singapore via phone to see if they can handle your appeal of the dispute.

Note that Registered Mail tracking from certain countries departing to US (Singapore is one of those countries) do not have tracking visibility in the US.  Long story short because Singapore Post did not upgrade their barcode/scanning systems to offer their customers US Postal products that come with tracking.  That is why no tracking for your return item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact PayPal Singapore via phone to see if they can handle your appeal of the dispute.

Note that Registered Mail tracking from certain countries departing to US (Singapore is one of those countries) do not have tracking visibility in the US.  Long story short because Singapore Post did not upgrade their barcode/scanning systems to offer their customers US Postal products that come with tracking.  That is why no tracking for your return item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JackyLjung
Contributor
Contributor

sharpiemarker, a big thank you for the advice!

That's very helpful and you have also helped Paypal to gain back a customer.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Login to Me Too

JackyLjung
Contributor
Contributor

In that case, this outdated Singapore post office system will present loop hole for unethical user like my case, in claiming items undelivered. It is a win-win situation for these sellers, delivering you items not as described, agree for return. Then in the end, recieved your payment, get back the item and no way buyer going to be refunded due to untrackable postage.

Hope PayPal will look into this loop hole.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.