Need advice on what to do...

shizzavip
New Community Member

Need some advice.. I made a purchase on EBay on a listing that had a "buy it now" option, the amount I paid was 35.00. Later that evening EBay sent notice that the listing had been removed due to being a fraud as the EBay members account was hacked or whatever.. They stated that if you had not paid please do not as you would not be required to.. Well I already paid so now what.. I submitted a request into PayPal and after a week or two they sent a 35.00 credit via my PayPal account.. Then about a month or so later I get a notice that my case did not meet the requirements for a refund and on this date they would debt my PayPal account for the 35.00 bucks back to them.. Well I do not maintain a balance in my PayPal so this has put my PayPal in a negative state for about two months.. They have now sent me to collections and I have some 3rd party debt collection agency sending me a notice.. I have tried to contact PayPal on the matter at which point the auto system forwards me to the debt collection agency.. I have never been able to speak to a live person at PayPal to advise why they would deny my case when clearly it was at no fault of mine.. The debt firm opened a investigation on their end as to what the heck the deal is and I have not heard back from them at this point.. I plan to follow up with them this coming week to get a update but until this is handled I cannot use PayPal through EBay to complete payments.. This is really strange, I have been a EBay/PayPal member since 2001.. I have completed hundreds of transactions mostly as a buyer but some as a seller and not one negative issue... Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I have even told the debt collection firm I have chat logs with EBay to confirm my story so what gives, I have emails to document the messages from EBay about the listing being pulled due to account owners account being compromised, and you can clearly see in my PayPal account activity that I made a 35.00 payment that went through and after sitting in a pending status for 3 weeks moved to completed.. So who got my 35.00 bucks? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.