Need Help/Advice

Springie2003
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone.

In August I made some purchases from an online video game. Upon recieving what was supposed to be the items that I had purchased I discovered that their advertisement was a complete lie and I did not get anything close to what I was to recieve. I immediately contacted the game to request a refund, they completed ignored my requests. I then went to paypal to file a claim. I originally filed the claim stating that the item was not recieved, as I did not recieve the item that was advertised. I recieved something else, something extremely lesser. The claims were denied. I then spoke to the claims department and explained the situation and they stated that I should have filed the claim under significantly not as discribed. They were more than happy to re-open the claims and modify the reason. Now all of a sudden all of the claims come back denied stating that: quality of virtual goods not covered. I spoke to the claims department and they now say that there is nothing I can do. Since all of this has happened, the game company, Trion Worlds, has since banned/removed my game account for contesting the transactions. At this point I am out of all of this money, have no product at all, and feel that I have been scammed and no help is available. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do next?

These are all paypal credit transactions by the way.

Thanks

Ryan

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

File a dispute with PayPal Credit directly:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-dispute-a-paypal-credit-purchase-faq2834

The reasoning is, if you filed directly, the purchase protection no longer applies and different, more broader protection coverage applies. But that won't stop them from making up some excuse and not cover you if you already filed at the resolution center.  PayPal Credit is not Visa or MasterCard at the end of the day but you can try.  Or you can file a complaint via BBB to get to PayPal executive escalations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.