My Paypal got hacked

ClareMargaret
Contributor
Contributor
I receive an email awhile ago saying I added a new email address in my paypal account but i didnt. I clicked on the link in the email that says if i didnt add that email, i should let u guys know so i clicked on the link, it asked me to login to paypal. But i got an error saying like there is no associated account with the email address. I needed to create another paypal account using the same email address just so i can email you guys. Im from the philippines. I have in my email all he transactions and money sent to my paypal account starting june last year. The hacker change the primary email of my account. Please do something about this. Im a single mom and i worked hard to earn that money! Please help me!!!! I can send proof that I owned that account and my boss from the US can also testify to that coz she's one who's been sending my salary since March of this year.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a very serious matter and you will need to find a way contact PayPal customer service. Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

The email was likely a phishing scheme, not from PayPal.  Clicking on a link could have provided the scammer with information that should have been private.

Login to Me Too

ClareMargaret
Contributor
Contributor
Thats the thing, im from the Philippines and i have limited resources. It's hard for me to find a way to contact paypal's US number 😞 i just sent them an emakl right away yesterday 😞
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You don't have to contact PayPal US, just contact customer service nearest to your region:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ClareMargaret
Contributor
Contributor
Yes same thing, US number
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh well.  No matter which company you are dealing with, if you get an email that says you changed account info and you did not, ignore it or go direct to the site to log on, do not click anything in emails if avoidable.  The only time you have to click a link in emails is if you sign up for something and the website replies with email soon after to confirm.  

If you get a notice like this out of nowhere that you did something, changed something, it is suspect.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vick441
Contributor
Contributor

There is a number to call if you are from outside of the U.S. Go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click "Call Us"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.