Money refunded just because sender claimed it was not authorized by him?

ShantellaBella
New Community Member
Has anyone ever had an issue with someone sending you money from their PayPal to yours and then later claiming that it was not even them who sent it and it was unauthorized, so they automatically got refunded the money back from the receivers account? Is my account not protected? How can they just go and take the money out of your account without receivers consent just because sender says they never consented or that they weren't even the person to send it? only by hear say information?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShantellaBella

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.