Money has not been refunded to my bank account or paypal wallet

Jennanord
Contributor
Contributor

I sent $200 to refund  a payment that was made to me by check. The receiver said they didn't have paypal so they wanted me to write a check back. I cancelled the refund in paypal. However my bank shows a draw for $200 but not a return yet? $200 is not sitting in my paypal wallet either.  Where is the refund?  It has been over a month.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First, can't refund a mailed check payment using PayPal.  There was no PayPal transaction so there was no way to refund with PayPal.  You need to refund a check payment by check mailed to the buyer.

What are the details of the transaction where money was taken from your bank acocunt.  You need to figure out the status of that transaction.

Login to Me Too

Jennanord
Contributor
Contributor

Misunderstanding. 

I sent $200 to a person through my paypal. They did not/would not receive it. I canceled the sent payment. Paypal drew the money from my bank account, but has not refunded back to me - after I cancelled the sent money.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Once you initiate sending money you can't cancel the transfer.

You need to explain what really happened.

Login to Me Too

Jennanord
Contributor
Contributor

I am explaining. After I sent the payment via paypal, my client did not want to recieve it via paypal and requested a check instead. So I cancelled the paypal payment. The money has not been credited back to my account. Not on the banks side or the paypal wallet side. $200 is gone. This is a problem.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Exactly how did you send it and exactly how did you cancel it.

What does the transaction detail currently show?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I take it the payment was funded by bank account.  You sent it to an email address that was not a registered to a PayPal account so you were able to cancel it.  The funds were withdrawn from your bank and since you canceled it, the money should ultimately be in your PayPal Balance for you to transfer back to your bank account.

The issue is with the refunding.  Is there any transaction details relating to the cancelation? You will need to contact PayPal for them to find the money:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

We do not have access to others' accounts to internally troubleshoot.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.