Missing item claim denied - only got 1 item instead of 2

Brid-not-Bird
New Community Member

After looking at other questions here I deleted the full-length debriefing I was detailing below and I'm posting a much shorter, list of things instead. I live in the United States.

For years I have used foreign Amazon to buy products from overseas and I never have any problems.

Amazon had this item for sale and I am a happy foreign-Amazon customer so I planned to buy it there.

Shortly before purchase while I was on the manufacturer's website I discovered that if I bought this item from a foreign store that is not in English and doesn't ship to the US, I'd get an extra item not sold anywhere else.

I researched and discovered foreign buying services that were created exactly for this kind of situation.

I emailed several companies and chose this one.

Both in pre-order email and pre-payment email AND on this company's buying service order form I said that I wanted them to purchase this item AND the "This store only!" extra item from this website

I went through a fairly complicated process, paid buying service fees and high shipping costs through the buying service

My order was paid for by me and placed before this item was even released so it's not like the store ran out of extra items

When my order was delivered the box contained only 1 item, the exact item I could have bought from Amazon WITHOUT THE EXTRA ITEM THE MANUFACTURER SAID WAS INCLUDED THAT I PURCHASED WHICH IS THE ONLY REASON I ORDERED FROM THIS OTHER STORE VIA A BUYING SERVICE

I contacted the store immediately after opening the box

I emailed them once a day for days and when they did not respond I contacted them through their Contact Us form on their website

They ignored me all these days

I filed a PP "Missing quanity" claim and immediately escalated it to a dispute

Part of my total fee was charged separately (fees and outrageous shipping) and PP quickly denied that claim

Then today PP denied my undisputed missing quantity claim

I am ripped off

I could have ordered the item from Amazon for like $35 with shipping included but I wanted the extra "This store only!" item so I used a buying service to get it, I ended up paying like $65 total and then they don't even send me the extra item. AND PP has denied my claim. I included proof of the emails I sent, the 1 item I received, a screenshot from the manufacturer's website that says if you buy it from this store you'll get this bonus item! And PP lets these people rip me off???

Is there anything I can do to fight this? Obviously I got ripped off from this stupid company and they never even responded to my PP claim anyway, there's 0 communication from them here in PP or to me via email. I think a website says you can appeal a denied claim... is this real? And what exactly do I do to make sure I get my money back this time? If fees and shipping are as a rule not refunded, can I get my money back for the item that I got 1 thing when there was supposed to be 1 plus a bonus I had to pay for as well? I feel extra horrible because I could have gotten this from Amazon for crap's sake, I went through all this solely to get the "This store only!" item, this was an ordeal and it cost more too.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what kind of dispute did you open with Paypal and what reason did Paypal give t o deny your claim?

Paypal robot does not read emails or watch videos.

You get what you ordered,but not the extra they promised you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.