Missing 20$ for chargeback fee of claim that I recently won again.

Super_Boa
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering how I can get my 20$. Because there was this guy who did a false chargeback on something I gave him, they then took 60$ out of my paypal account plus 20$ for the chargeback fee. I won the case recently. Now I have my paypal balance back to what it was before except I'm missing the 20$ that they wrongfully took for the chargeback fee. Any help?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Super_Boa

You probably 'lost' the chargeback as the card company charged you their processing fee of $20.

However you must have met the criteria of 'seller protection' so paypal reimbursed you the funds you lost for the item.

However seller protection does not cover the fee that the card company charge for processing the chargeback for their client.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Super_Boa
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Super_Boa

You probably 'lost' the chargeback as the card company charged you their processing fee of $20.

However you must have met the criteria of 'seller protection' so paypal reimbursed you the funds you lost for the item.

However seller protection does not cover the fee that the card company charge for processing the chargeback for their client.

First off, I did not have the money in my credit card, I had the money in my paypal balance, I also had the 20$ in my paypal balance and paypal took it for the chargeback fee. My credit card company probably didn't even know that this claim was happening. It was paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Super_Boa

I didn't say that you had the money in your credit card as that matters not one bit.

A chargeback is done via a BUYERS credit card company and so is not a paypal dispute.

The credit card company make the decision and the credit card company charge the fee.

However if you lose but met the criteria of seller protection paypal will reimburse you the item cost but NOT the credit card companies processing fee.

Your c.c. company knew nothing as it had nothing to do with them and I never said that they did have anything to do with it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.