Merchant Claiming Not Able to Refund

Nissar418
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've made several PayPal payments to someone using different methods and they are saying that they are unable to issue a refund for the following payments:

1. A payment sent without a PayPal account using the credit/debit card checkout. 

2. a payment sent from a PayPal account which was closed after the payment was sent.

3. a payment sent using the PayPal shopping cart.

This person has issued me refunds for the payments sent from an account I have opened still, but all other payments they have not refunded.

If they are able to refund all payments, how would they be able to tell which payments are from an account that's still open, closed, or if it's a credit/debit check out? 

All payments were sent using a debit card. I should also mention though I doubt it has any significance, this person is a streamer on twitch.

Would this have any affect on them only being able to refund payments if you have an open PayPal account? 

I think I'm being lied to here. 

The merchant is the one who's said they wanted to refund me btw 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Nissar418
Contributor
Contributor

Also I should mention that I'm have already called and spoken to PayPal numbeous times and they said that the payments can be refunded but the seller still says otherwise. I'm fairly certain that I'm being lied to and I needed someone to back up what PayPal told me over the phone so j can have it in writing. Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if someone does not have a paypal account but choose t o use his credit card to pay on paypal site,Paypal has amended that it offers no protection,that person would have to seek protection from his cc issuer.

if someone paypal account is closed,seller said he cant refund to that account,then it sounds like Paypal is not accepting any payment or refund for that account.

it looks like you need to file chargeback with your cc issuer,

Login to Me Too

Nissar418
Contributor
Contributor
I am not asking for a refund, the seller is the one who wanted to refund me but she's claiming she can't refund all the payments. It's a bit of a confusing situation. Can anyone else chime in please? Any mods??
Login to Me Too

Nissar418
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone? Is there any reason that a merchant would not be able to issue someone a refund???
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.