Lulugal

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a dress from Lulugal on November 22 so that it would arrive in plenty of time for Christmas. I received a "shipment notification" on December 3, after which I waited, finally asking (for the first of several times) "Where is my order?" on December 14. The answer I received then and subsequently--the last time on December 22--was "Wait one more week, and thank you for your patience." The package did finally arrive on December 24; however, the dress is the wrong color, only vaguely resembles what was pictured on the website and, of course, does not fit.  After investigating the possibility of returning it, I have discovered that it would cost me more--because Lulugal does not pay return costs--to send it back to China (I had no idea that these products originate in China) than I paid for the dress. I am disgusted by this entire experience, and I'd like to have my money returned, but it'll still be a loss for me should I attempt to send back the dress.

After disputing this with Paypal and not receiving a satisfactory answer from Lulugal, who offered me a whole $8.00 in compensation, I escalated it to a claim, and now I'm stymied because Paypal wants tracking information to show that I have sent the item back to Lulugal.  I haven't done that, because even with the munificent $8.00 compensation that Lulugal has offered, I will lose money on this deal because of the prohibitive shipping costs.  Beyond "Enter the tracking information" point of this dispute, there appears to be no way to comment further and say "I will not send it back.  It's useless to me as it exists, but I will incur a greater hit through the shipping charges than I have already sustained."

At this point, since I understand that my money is gone, the only possible satisfactory resolution I can see to this issue is some kind of guarantee from Paypal that they will no longer sanction purchases from Lulugal.  I am at fault for not having exercised due dilgence by reading the HUNDREDS of negative reviews of Lulugal (this is apparently a very common issue), but I regularly order online and have never experienced an unsolvable debacle of this magnitude.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Ctdog

Although ultimately I asked to return the items, I didn't have the same experience others expressed.  I realized pretty quickly it was coming via forigin post and would take some time 

, but I had it and eventually received it within about 15-20 days.  I then tried to return items and was encouraged to take a particular refund instead, but insisted that I refund the items and was provided a US return address.  Yes shipping would have been at my cost but I realized that before my order AND my return was large enough to make it worth it.  

In the end they offered me an acceptable refund amount in lieu of a return and I took that.  They processed my PayPal credit in less than 8 hours and I was surprised.   

Im not denying all the trouble others have experienced, just offering that mine was better...  and, based on MY experience, I wouldn't characterize them a scam at all. thankfully I never had to rely on PayPal as my backstop.  

Login to Me Too

erinartifacts
Contributor
Contributor
So, your positive experience was that you too had to return all your merchandise, but took the % of money back instead of mailing? Doesn't sound positive. They send out crap, and make all they money they need by keeping half your money, and go on to scam the next person.
Login to Me Too

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

I fail to see how this is a positive experience.  The merchandise wasn't what you wanted/didn't fit/was unacceptable for some reason, so you received stuff you can't use, and you only have a percentage of what you paid for it plus the cost of shipping (the US return address is new--I was not offered that option).  This sounds like an abusive relationship to me.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal robot does not read email or watch video,you must return to the shipping address they have in their PAYPAL account which is given to you by Paypal asking you to return the item.

when you entered tracking number t o Maryland and PAYPAL is looking for tracking number to China,it is not going to find delivered status,so you lose. 

file a chargeback with your cc issuer,some clerk will read your email and understand .

Login to Me Too

erinartifacts
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I didn't know this when I started. I did get resolution from PayPal when I called and spoke to a person, and they reviewed the screen shots of conversation between me and Lulugal. Lulugal received my merchandise and still wouldn't refund.
Login to Me Too

JimFrits
Contributor
Contributor

I just went through hoops with liligal.com on behalf of my wife.  Their website is garbage (not intuitive and buttons don't work).  I'm convinced they deliberately make it very difficult to initiate refunds or returns.  They force you to submit their so called "ticket" and then I'm convinced they can't read or ignore english submissions which are very clearly stated with proof.  They finally issued a 100% refund through PayPal to her credit card, BUT she is not a PayPal member.  Is this possible?

Can someone here verify that this works?

In case you are wondering about my case here it is:  She ordered a garment on 12/2/2017.  She finally got a tracking number about 10 days later.  The tracking information was "package on it's way to shipping facility".  That information wasn't updated for several weeks until it showed up in New Jersey.  Then it took another week or more to reach southern Missouri.  It had been handed over from DHL to USPS (Ugh!!!!).  It made it all the way to my local post office where they tried to scan it (so they said) and they could not determine where it goes, so they sent it back to China with the phrase "Deliverable address" on the tracking information.   So I initiate a refund request from liligal.com.  I'll spare the details, but suffice it to say by the time it was done I was ready to admit myself to a sanitarium!  Anyway, she says she's learned her lesson about ordering from a Chinese company without first checking the online reviews (which clearly shows liligal.com as a terrible company).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey JimFrits,

Thanks for providing the Community with those details, it definitely helps in getting your issue resolved! Based on what you've said, it sounds like she may have checked out as a guest, meaning she chose to pay with her credit or debit card to a merchant that processes through PayPal. This creates a record of the payment through our system, and if she were refunded this way it would go directly back to the card. If you haven't seen the payment returned, the best option would be to work with your card company or bank to see what options they may have. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.