Lost money, Seller cancelled

w681mas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I just recently sold my old Galaxy s8 plus for 436 dollars on eBay. The item got tracking, and was sent to the person in Florida. Yesterday while it was still pending on my account, the buyer cancelled it, so I am out of my money for the item. If I am able to get my money for the phone I sent. I tried calling but it was just an automated message system and no real person. 

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it may not be buyer cancelling the payment,it could be Paypal.

if a buyer paid with bank transfer but has a credit card linked to his Paypal account,PAYPAL advance you the money and then go collect from his bank account,which takes a few days.

Paypal is willing to do so,as it figures if bank transfer fails,it can charge his credit card.

He either does not have enough in his bank account or close his account and close his credit card,so Paypal cannot charge his cc,so PAYPAL turns around and take the money back from you.

scammers go after items which could be sold quickly for cash,yours fit that category

Login to Me Too

w681mas
Contributor
Contributor

So i terms, I got scammed and their is nothing I can do about it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.