Limited Account.

Glen_Wendell
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Again. I have a BIG BIG PROBLEM. My account got limited so they've asked my to do the following :

Provide ID (passport, etc,,,)

Change password,

Change security questions.

I've done all of those. I submitted my passport and all. But after submitting my passport 3 hours after when i tried to login. it says i can no longer use paypal. and i got this email from them (screenshot). So please help me. I have 2.5k PHP balance in that account and i can't wait 180 days to withdraw it cause i have to pay some things via paypal. AND I havent violated any conditions. I'm 18 and I was just surprised that my account got limited. So discouraged and disappointed.

Case ID Number: PP-005-401-911-018

sad.PNG

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You apparently submitted information which indicated serious security and identity issues.  Your acount is closed.

You didn't provide details about your identity here so there is no way to know more.  It does't matter at this point; your finished with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Glen_Wendell
Contributor
Contributor
So that's it . Vanished into thin air with no conscience. Welcome to the automated world. -Bye
Login to Me Too

Kymmk58
Contributor
Contributor

Another post showing how PayPal doesn't read mails. How long before they go out of business if they continue this behaviour...not long

Login to Me Too

siela
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, i have same problem.  Paypal wanted to send some documents  as proof.

I sent all the necessary documents, but my  paypal account was limited, and peaceful informed me that it would be closed. I have available balance more $300. This is another scam to stealing money. I talked many times with customer service, their response is always, please send the following documents......

The same documents I had to send them five times and finally :

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account because of certain activity that took place relating to your account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your account would be restricted for 180 days,then Paypal would notify you they are returning your fund.

Some activity(ies) in your account does not look kosher to Paypal,they dont feel comfortable doing business with you. 

Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I wouldn't personally keep much money on PP account, it is risky because of these surprise limitations and it has no benefit (atleast I think so) since if you have money on your bank account and card linked then funds are taken from just as fast as if they would be taken from your PP balance. Personally I have one spesific card and bank account for online purchases, I transfer money there when needed but most of the time there's nothing for PP or other similar services to take.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is a payment service; don't use it as a bank.

When you get money for goods/services into your PayPal account, transfer it to your bank account as soon as possible.

When you make a purchase, use a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.