Item not received

Nail05
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.  I had an item that I never received.  This has been an ongoing battle for me for over a year now.  I have tried to do the dispute center but it is complicated and for some reason it is not showing the case numbers when I check it so I thought I would attempt to use the community.  So basically I put a deposit for a custom made carbon fiber hood for my vehicle.  The initial deposit was put in on October 28, 2016 for the amount of $440.00 USD.  So a few months go by since understanding custom parts take a while.  Seller messages me back stating that it is complete and shows me pictures via facebook messenger.  So December 23, 2016 I send the final payment of $435.00 USD.  Seller says he will ship and gives me a timeframe.  After a while I realize it is probably not going to get shipped as the seller keeps on pushing the dates back further stating something with the shipping company.  He also attempts to send me a fake tracking number which pulled up as nothing.  So this ensues for the following year until now present day.  I want to try and contact paypal direct, since the dispute (not on paypal) has already been going on for me the past year.  I have all the facebook messenger chat screenshotted so if you would like a list of evidence I have it.  At this point I just want to recuperate what I have lost and the time wasted during this transaction.  The seller is obviously not motivated and cannot operate his business properly after seeing a mixed review online of people that have had the same issues.  At this point really I am just trying to figure out the best way to go about this.  I see it takes 20 days but not sure how that works out when I cannot see the dispute ID and raise it to a claim eventually.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your case is too old,PAypal gives you 180 days,credit card issuer is also 180 days,

you may want to ask your cc issuer if you can still file chargebacks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.