Item not received: payback from seller, but minus shipping fee

Tafkar
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Ordered am item, which was never delivered, after a long period of time it turned up back at the seller. The seller agreed to refund me after some discussion. Refund was made yesterday, but the seller deducted some cash for shipping. Is this normal? What rights do I have?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

well,seller paid to ship to your address,you need to find out why it is not delivered .

Login to Me Too

Tafkar
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure. Status was: unable to deliver. The address was correct. On request of the seller I checked several times if the package was at the post-office, it wasn't. Seller asked for two weeks to investigate what happened to the package, I agreed. After two weeks I got the message that the package had returned to the sellers warehouse. They offered me a store-credit for the price minus shipping fees, I didn't agree, I requested a refund. They refunded minus the shipping fee.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what do you want the poor seller to do?

eat the original shipping?

I would say it is USPS ,could be a temp or new hire who cant find your place .

Last year I shipped an item to CA ,and USPS said it is undeliverable ,buyer kept saying Fed Exp,UPS have no problem,it is a condo.

It came back not to me,but to the sort facilty of our local USPS,and it went back to CA and it was once again non delievrable and came back to sort facility,back and forth 3 times until I ask them t o send it back to me so I can take a look.

It turns out the condo is under construction,so the postman did not want to leave the package unattended,make sense .

The buyer has another address while waiting for the condo to complete.

why does she give me  this address and tell me UPS and Fed EXP have no problem??

Login to Me Too

Tafkar
Contributor
Contributor
The poor seller is not poor, but an international multimillion box-pusher from China. This 'poor buyer' bought something online, didn't get it and is left with paying shipping fees. That doesn't make sense at all. If this was a local deal it would be easy, because laws in my country (the Netherlands) are very clear: every aspect of shipping is the responsibility of the seller, they have a contract with whatever company ships it. I never had to deal with a problem like this internationally and am curious what laws or rulings apply (PayPal's?).
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so you are in Holland and the seller is in China/

You have to ask the seller,this is a member forum,not Paypal/

I do not buy expensive items from overseas sellers,if item is not as described,I have to pay return shipping and it can be expensive .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.