Item Arrived Broken - seller says I need to file claim

Hattonj
New Community Member

Hi

I bought a figurine from someone - not on Ebay - through Facebook.  She sent me a Payal invoice and I paid, including insurance.  The firgure arrived yesterday, broken in a number of places - it's in pieces.   It weas packed very poorly. I asked for a refund - the seller says I have to file a claim with the post office.  This seems wrong to me and I am fearful of being out $400.  Is what she is saying correct?  Or should I file not as described with Paypal?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Insurance is to protect the seller,the buyer needs no protection,if broken,then seller should refund buyer and file claim.

Seller should also ask the buyer to keep the item and the box and packing in case carrier wants to see the item,if it is USPS,she can file online and she would need pictures from you.

if she refuses to refund,then file claim with Paypal,you will be asked to return the item first.

Now here is the catch,her claim could be denied if it comes back to her,as carrier wants to see the condition when it arrived,not when it is returned.

is it USPS?

FOR THAT kind of money,USPS would ask you to show it at the post office ,and she would need your co-operation,tell her if you file with PAYPAL and win,she maynot get her insurance $$   

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

USPS has packing guidelines you can learn from its website.

if item is poorly packed,claim could be denied.

If I would you,I would just file Paypal item not as described and return the item on your dime,let her deal with USPS.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.