It's been 10 days, I have not been refunded my money.

rahi75
Contributor
Contributor

I recently paid for programming lessons through goods and services.  The seller exit scammed me, and I opened up a dispute on the 26th.  He has not responded in the 10 days that was given to them.  Now, Paypal is reviewing the case?  I was under the impression that my money would be returned to me within 24h of the 10 days being over.  How much longer do I have to wait?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal is reviewing your case,once a decision is made ,you will get your money if ruled in your favor

Login to Me Too

rahi75
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme wrote:

Paypal is reviewing your case,once a decision is made ,you will get your money if ruled in your favor

My question is how long this process would last for.  I read other threads, and paypal agents replied with under 48 hours or soon after the 10 days is over.  Is this true?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, was it specifically for non-delivery or some other reason?

Login to Me Too

rahi75
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

So, was it specifically for non-delivery or some other reason?

Yes.  It was an incomplete order.  He did not give me what I paid for.  I opened the dispute after waiting around 2 weeks.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Incomplete order will not be as simple as non-delivery.  Was the dispute for the entire order amount or just partial?

Login to Me Too

rahi75
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

Incomplete order will not be as simple as non-delivery.  Was the dispute for the entire order amount or just partial?

The whole order amount.

My bad for marking it as incomplete order instead of non-delivery, essentially I didn't receive what I paid for.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Incomeplete is going to be much more difficult to prove than a siimple non-receipt.  My opinion is that little detail matters and means your return is less certain.

It also shows how a lack of details in the original post might generate incorrect conclusions.

I susggest you phone PayPal customer service now and try to change the reason to non-receipt.  Sometimes a phone can with explanations can help.  It's probably too late, though.

Login to Me Too

rahi75
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

Incomeplete is going to be much more difficult to prove than a siimple non-receipt.  My opinion is that little detail matters and means your return is less certain.

It also shows how a lack of details in the original post might generate incorrect conclusions.

I susggest you phone PayPal customer service now and try to change the reason to non-receipt.  Sometimes a phone can with explanations can help.  It's probably too late, though.

I am very saddened to hear this.  However, I have added sufficient proof and the case is being reviewed by Paypal for the past 48+ hours (the second time).  From here they will generate a conclusion.  Will I be able to call them if this dispute is not successful?

I am very upset after getting scammed.  I paid through goods and services, ensuring protection for my purchase.  Now that there is a problem, I would very much appreciate the coverage!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you need to contact PayPal, just make a phone call.

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.