Is this a scam or what?

TheophilusThist
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email and don't know what to do about it.

Good afternoon. There was a pay of 200$ from my wallet on your wallet , as if I bought smth from you on Ebay. But I didn't do this. It must be a mistake. Write me on <removed> i'll send you the copy of invoice. Sorry to disturb you. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Log on to your account and see if there is a payment of $200.  If not, just delete the email.  If there is a payment, simply issue a refund.  If there was a PayPal fee charged on the money, there is a 30 cents fee to issue refund , so refund the amount less 30 cents to cover the refund fee.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kizzer
New Community Member
I have had the same email this morning it's is a scam just declin the payment request in your PayPal account but don't use any links in the email type it in yourself
Login to Me Too

JJadeL
New Community Member

YES!!! I got the same exact email last night, from the same person, requesting I respond to the same email (<removed>). Also, if you look at your ebay account, there will be no seller invoice.

Uh, I hate people like this so much. How can you be so heartless and greedy towards your fellow man? 

Login to Me Too

Velsetta
New Community Member

I recieved the same message this morning. knowing it was fradulatnet i just ignored it and the money request was canceled on thier end sometime this evening. Found this http://www.joewein.net/blog/2016/11/30/paypal-malware-social-engineering/ googling, apparently it's a new trending scam.

Login to Me Too

Natlly
New Community Member

Yes I believe it is because I received exactly the same notification.  I just canceled the request.

Login to Me Too

Shiverness
Thank you for posting this. I got the same email and thought it was weird.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.