Is this a scam e-mail?

smislov8
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I received e-mail for received payment of 230€ but the money is on hold. And it's followed by this:
"Kindly reply to this message so we can give you some step on how to complete the transaction  regarding this transaction and I will be happy to help you. We thank you for being an asset to PayPal and we hope to serve you better in the nearest future.We do not appreciate any calls due to attending to many customer,We advice you to get back to us via this email to get full details of this transaction.Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email,So do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via phone call.. "

After I replied, I've received an e-mail that says that I need to go to the close Western Union with 80€ and transfer that to shippers adress in Ibadan, Nigeria. After that it says that 230€ will be credited into my account.

So. Is this scam or not?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course its a scam.  Hoping you didn't send any money.

When you get an email you should first determine if it comes from PayPal, so do some detective work.

Next, check your PayPal transactions; there should be none.

Learn to review your PayPal activity and depend on that rather than unrequested email.

PayPal does not have a relatrionship with Western Union.

There are so many scam clues in the initial message; you should learn how to spot them.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course its a scam.  Hoping you didn't send any money.

When you get an email you should first determine if it comes from PayPal, so do some detective work.

Next, check your PayPal transactions; there should be none.

Learn to review your PayPal activity and depend on that rather than unrequested email.

PayPal does not have a relatrionship with Western Union.

There are so many scam clues in the initial message; you should learn how to spot them.

Login to Me Too

smislov8
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't send them any money, of course.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.