Is there such thing as PayPal holding someone's fund to avoid money laundering?

chuahtc
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment to a company through PayPal around March 2017. The payment was for a deposit and would be refunded to me. Just a few days ago, I received the notification from PayPal that my money is being refunded, but only partially. I contacted the company's customer service on why I was only partially refunded. The customer service representative cited that PayPal might not release the funds if the company were to make a full refund at one go to avoid money laundering. The CS rep also mentioned the company will do partial refund until full refund is reached.

Can someone verify whether is there any truth in what the CS rep said? I'm feeling suspicious about the company since the refund way delayed and I had to chase them for the refund. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal will sometimes review payment for money laundering,terrorism or govt reugulation.

buying here and buying there on internet is fun,but you dont reallyknow who is behind it.

you made your bed,now you sleep in it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.