Is there no way of selling intangible items?

jedioncrk
Contributor
Contributor

Sold a game key on eBay, after payment, I send the key over to the buyer.  Buyer then claims unauthorized payment, and opens up a Paypal case.  Not only do I lose the case, no key, no payment, and a chargeback fee.  WTF?!

Is the only way to avoid selling "intangible" items at all?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

did some research,there is so called clickbank which you have to purchase.

There is also Paypal terms and agreement which ask you to document time of download etc.

if you are operating outside Ebay ,then the Intuit method is best .

Login to Me Too

capybara
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if it's worth it , but the only semi-safe way I can think of selling that would be actually printing out the key and sending it in an envelope using paypal's multi package shipping first class trackable or eBay's shipping label printer at $2.60 or so for a 3oz package.

One other thing you could do is use an Intuit Quickbooks Online invoice for ACH bank payment.  Personal ACH bank payments do allow 30 days chargeback but most people do not know this, Business ACH bank payments only allow one day chargebacks and the seller fee of using that is very cheap , like 30 cents per payment and zero % on the payment.  But only a small amount of people would probably do that form of payment.

There's BitCoin, I think that would be instant and safe, but hardly anyone uses it.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Intuit ACH,thats what my accountant uses.

yes,it is cheap and safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.