Is it realy from Paypal

Briansdad
Contributor
Contributor

I get lots of "ads" from paypal "at" mail.paypal.com. Is that domain name sufficient proof that it is a legitimate email from the Paypal I know and trust?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

no,it is not from PAYPAL.

all PAYPAL emails come from @ paypal.com

forward fake emails to spoof at paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

fraudsters will use emails like pypal dot com or NigeriaPay-pal.com and all the **bleep**

Login to Me Too

MAGICMIME
Contributor
Contributor

here's a litle reference...

As of March 17, 2016, all marketing emails from PayPal to U.S. accountholders will be sent from a PayPal email address with the domain mail.paypal.com.

Fake emails, also known as phishing emails, attempt to collect your personal and financial information. These fake emails often link to fake websites that encourage you to enter personal information such as credit card numbers, passport or driver’s license numbers, and account passwords.

You can always see your payment in your PayPal account balance. If you receive an email saying that you've received a payment, always log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal(dot)com (do not click on any links in the email) and check your account balance there.

You’ll know that an email is not from PayPal when:

• The email uses a generic greeting like "Dear user" or "Hello, PayPal member." We always address you by your first name and last name or the business name on your PayPal account.
  • The email requests financial and other personal information. For example, an email from PayPal never asks for the numbers of your bank account, debit or credit card, or driver’s license. We also don’t request your email addresses, your full name, your account password, or the answers to your PayPal security questions.
  • The email includes an attachment or a software update to install on your computer.
  • We will never ask you for money in an email, and we will never ask you to send money through Western Union, MoneyGram or any other third party money transfer service.

If you think you’ve received a fake email, forward it to review@paypal(dot)com. Then delete the fake email from your inbox.

Click Security at the bottom of the PayPal homepage to learn more about fake emails and websites and online safety.

For additional information about fake emails and websites, you can visit www.antiphishing(dot)org, a website put together by the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.