Is Paypal "protection" just another rip-off ??

l-s
Contributor
Contributor

Bought a used laptop on eBay, never got it. Seller sent it, but it never arrived. Seller refused to do anything, eBay neither. Post office said seller must file tracer, seller never did. So I tried to file a dispute with Paypal, only to get a response "We were unable to create cases for 56P224758B543973L. Please review the transaction details and try again."

Never mind the first sentence is not even in proper English; there's simply no way to file a dispute with these idiots online. So we called, only to be on endless hold; after 1 hour we gave up.

So apparently this company is yet another RIP-OFF designed to steal from people. Does someone out there among other users know perhaps how to reach the Paypal friggin' morons??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@l-s

Sounds odd you can't file a dispute on paypal as you should have up to 180 days to do so.

Can you say how you paid, did you complete Ebay checkout or pay another way and if so how?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

l-s
Contributor
Contributor

Just a regular eBay checkout.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@l-s

That is very odd.

Your best bet is to  >>

1. Phone customer services and ask why you did not have buyer protection for non receipt of item.

2. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then do a chargeback directly via your card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

l-s
Contributor
Contributor

What is number to call? I called the one under "contact us" but it kept me on hold for an hour (no kidding) and then I gave up.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what reason did Ebay give you for ignoring your request?

what does tracking show?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.