Is Grace Technology US a scam company?

Roosterbt
Contributor
Contributor

Was searching for a stereo item and Grace Technology was one that popped up on google search. Went to their site and tried to make a purchase and was requested to pay via Paypal to a personal email? Tried calling the phone # on the site and it is not a working # either. 

https://gracetechnologyus.com/

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

Vmccomack
I also ordered an item from this company and they asked for payment through PayPal. I sent the payment and PayPal sent an email saying a different email accepted it LeonoreHuynh421 @ yahoo com I have written for emails showing all correspondence and have not received any replies. Pay pal said this email address is a Non US Unverified email. They also stated that it might be longer for delivery of item because it is an "across border shipper"! Most likely a scam. I used a credit card and will be filing a claim with them. I doubt I'll get my money back...
Login to Me Too

trsull123
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal is in big trouble with this payment directly to an email address.  Huge issue with scammers.  They need to shut it down.

Login to Me Too

trsull123
Contributor
Contributor

Item Not Received claims

Your claim will not qualify for a refund under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program for an Item Not Received claim, if:

• You collect the item in person, or arrange for it to be collected on your behalf, including if you use PayPal in a seller’s store location, or
  • PayPal has adequate proof from the seller indicating that the item was delivered or order was fulfilled.

If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you did not receive the goods.

Key here is evidence that they delivered the goods to your address.  Claimed shipment not delivered to my address twice

Go to a UPS shipping center and get a print out of the shipper and ship to address for the shipment in dispute.

Login to Me Too

dannymac83
Contributor
Contributor

In case anyone out there reads this thread and still wonders if this company is a scam... PayPal now agrees that it is.  I'm happy to report that I prevailed on my buyer-protection claim!  "We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor."

Login to Me Too

Bellamy21
Contributor
Contributor
This company stole my money. I have no faith in paypal. I filed a dispute and paypal sided with this fake company.
Login to Me Too

Gubro

It is not only a scam, but an elaborate fraud. Here is how they work :

When you check out from the gracetechnologyus website you are directed to make a payment to an email address on Paypal.

The seller sends a fake UPS tracking number (with your ZIP code) to Paypal. The tracking number shows up as delivered.

You file a dispute with Paypal.

The seller then escalates the dispute to a claim and gives another fake tracking number (shows also delivered) to Paypal

Per Paypal policy, they rule in sellers favor and close the claim.

Now you are in never, never land - no matter what emails you send you get an automated response to go to the resolution center.

The only option you have is to get all the information from UPS to show that you are not the recipient of the tracking numbers.

Then call the customer service number and wait and wait until you reach a real person to whom you can explain the situation.

He should then reopen the case on appeal and you get your money back - but not the many hours you have spent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.