Is Genersale.com a legitimate dealer?

Bmwbob
Contributor
Contributor

I need to buy a Honda EU2000i generator. The cheapest price I had found was $900 from Northern Tool.

Now I find that Genersale.com sells the same item for $670.

While this price is attractive, the facts that the only way you can contact them is by email (tried that already...no reply) and they only accept PayPal for payment both together raise at least a yellow flag for me.

Past experience has shown me that should a problem arise in a Paypal deal, getting my money back is far from an overnight task.

Also, their website identifies them as being part of the Unity Online enterprise. The only reference to Unity I can find is for a new age religious group from Missouri.

Common sense tells me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably isn’t, so I come seeking the “Wisdom of the Crowd” to either vouch for this place or alert me to a scam.

Bob

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

FScott

Gene, is the phone number you found for Genersale?  Like everyone else here, I'm still waiting for my generator and no way to contact anyone.  Can you share the phone number you found?

F. Scott

Login to Me Too

Hiball
Contributor
Contributor
I ran across this website a few weeks ago, I created a account in hopes of essentially getting a steal of a deal. After getting transferred to PayPal to seal the deal, It just didn’t feel right. I wrote the PayPal email down, called PayPal and had them verify that it was a good email or “verified” as advertised on the genersale website. I was informed by PayPal that the email wasn’t even linked to a account, I immediately decided that it would be in my best interest to change all my passwords that linked to PP and any website that shared similar passwords/login. Obviously... the PayPal rep was wrong about emails as it seems people have had money taken from there account. Good luck... scammers suck, eBay and Honda generators is a hot mess right now.
Login to Me Too

gene_champ
Contributor
Contributor

in genersale faq's section, they mention sales were through unity online sales. 

FAQs

1. How do I place an order?  
If this is your first time buying something from Unity’s online store, please place the desired items in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.

i googled 'unity online store' and found their website with a nearly faq idenical web page with a phone number.

i called that number and talked to a very nice lady. they were in no way connected with genersale, but were aware that their web page had been copied and misused. 

that comfirmed that i had made the right choice by cancelling my paypal transaction with genersale.

this is the first time i have seen an outright fraud on a internet sale. i usually use ebay or amazon. most othere places take credit cards which i think have more protection than paypal. my paypal account is funded through a credit card, but not sure how the cc fraud protection works in cases like that.  i would never link paypal to a bank account because of risk of being cleaned out by some fraud. 

Login to Me Too

indust3ous

Luder,

I applaud your personal policy as well as your post.

Info is Power, and people need to be empowered to keep themselves secure.

I don't see what, or who(m?) was harmed by your original posting of the whois query.

Thanks for your input.

Login to Me Too

Sonny11
Contributor
Contributor
I called PayPal before ordering this generator to verify that this was not a scam. I was assured it was legitimate offer and OK to order the generator on Nov 29. I have not received the Honda Generator as of today Dec 10th. I have sent emails to Emma Brown with no response and no shipping information.
Login to Me Too

tim1215
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received a refund from PayPal for this. How long does the process take to get a refund and why is Pay Pal saying that Genersale is a legit company when so many people are getting ripped off. Can't Pay Pal put a stop to this.

Login to Me Too

Kg1998
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I said about paypal..... after not receiving any responses from genersale I immediately placed called paypal and was on hold for 1hr and 40 mins ....but while I was on hold I placed a claim saying I didn't receive my product from seller with no contact from seller... paypal rep. Looked into genersale site and said it didn't look legit to her and assured me I would get my refund and that it's a 10 day process... I really hope I get that refund !!!!!! And I really hope they stop this site!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

One guy who commented (see NHed on Dec 5) says he got his money backl from Paypal. Don't know how long he waited. They told me on the phone it should be 10 days at the most. But then I read the escalation of my case sent to me by email from Paypal and in there they say 30 days! 

Since paypal is tied to my credit card,I contacted Capital One too. I had my $$ back in under 24 hrs. Good luck! 

Login to Me Too

WEBCO
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, mine came out of debit card. They said about 11 days, that was on dec 7.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.