Is Genersale.com a legitimate dealer?

Bmwbob
Contributor
Contributor

I need to buy a Honda EU2000i generator. The cheapest price I had found was $900 from Northern Tool.

Now I find that Genersale.com sells the same item for $670.

While this price is attractive, the facts that the only way you can contact them is by email (tried that already...no reply) and they only accept PayPal for payment both together raise at least a yellow flag for me.

Past experience has shown me that should a problem arise in a Paypal deal, getting my money back is far from an overnight task.

Also, their website identifies them as being part of the Unity Online enterprise. The only reference to Unity I can find is for a new age religious group from Missouri.

Common sense tells me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably isn’t, so I come seeking the “Wisdom of the Crowd” to either vouch for this place or alert me to a scam.

Bob

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Luder. Are you with Paypal? Or were you asked by Paypal to chack this out? What can be done with this information you have rooted out?

Login to Me Too

Luder
Contributor
Contributor

I am not with Paypal nor have I been asked by them to check this out. Paypal have their own policies and procedures to deal with these situations and I only provided the details for information basis. What I have posted is public information resulting from a Domain registration site or a Whois query. When a company lauched a website, they have to register the website with a registrar and need to provide personal information.  My father wanted to purchase a generator and asked me to check on this website since I work in IT Security. We did not pursue with the purchase after what I found but a friend tried it and is still waiting for his generator. Not that the information I provided also shows the website has only been registered a month ago, therefore a brand new website. 

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Luder. I appreciate your research and explanation. I hope it means no trouble with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Kg1998
Contributor
Contributor
Genersale.com. is a SCAM!!!!! DON'T NOT ORDER FROM THERE SITE .... I FOUND OUT AFTER THE FACT!
Login to Me Too

Kg1998
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue as well.... What I wanna know is to why PayPal is still supported on there site after it's been reported.... I really hope I get my money back !!! Any help or suggestions ????? I already submitted a claim saying I didn't receive item ...
Login to Me Too

rdculley

SCAM. I was duped as well. Luckily I used my Chase card and they are taking care of it immediately. I tried to contact GENERSALE numerous times to no avail. Stay away from them.

Login to Me Too

Luder
Contributor
Contributor
To the moderator: I noticed you removed my "whois" query from my post and I realize it violated your policy. Although security 101 is user awareness and how to protect themselves from online fraud. I was trying to demonstrate to your member how do more research to verify the validity of a website. If users would be more aware, it might reduce the amount of claims you would receive in the event of fraudulent activities. Sorry
Login to Me Too

gene_champ
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from them yesterday. I was uneasy about the transaction because of PayPal  only for payment. Later in the day I did a search on their website and found this discussion. very little other information. My PayPal transaction hadn't gone through yet, so I was able to cancel it. I hope my.cancel went through. I found a telephone number and will call and see if they answer and seem legit. If so,  I will reorder.

Login to Me Too

gene_champ
Contributor
Contributor

i called the number listed oin  Unity’s online store website.  Seems Unity’s online store is a christian supply business and not inviolved with genersales. they were aware that their information was being misused. since it seems like a scam to me, glad i cancelled the transaction in time. it may have been more trouble to get refunded if it had gone through.

Login to Me Too

FScott

Well I ordered back in November, so I'll need to try to recover from PayPal.  FTC's Consumer Protection Bureau investigates and prosecutes those found to be using the Internet to defraud consumers.  It also prosecutes the website providers such as Zen Ventures, the provider of Zen Cart who processes orders as well as the designs the website.  Website providers are required to exercise due diligence in investigating what they advertise for their clients.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.