Internal server error on entering a dispute

jaguar2010
Contributor
Contributor

I get the following error after I try to enter a dispute in paypal. I get this after I enter the transaction ID and click continue. I have been etting this for the last 5 days. Cannot enter the dispute. Why is that? Seems like a server issue?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, *****@paypal.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jaguar2010,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

It sounds like you're manually entering the transaction ID?  If so, I recommend clicking the button next to the transaction ID box to find the transaction in the history.  Click on the transaction ID in the history and it will automatically populate the transaction ID field.  Sometimes manually entering the transaction ID can cause an error if there are any typos, leading/trailing spaces or lower case letters.

If this is still happening even after clicking the transaction ID to have it automatically populate, I would then contact Customer Service as we will probably need to manually file the dispute.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

AlexS4rs
New Community Member

Hi, I'm exactly clicking on the transaction ID in the history and it will automatically populate the transaction ID field but the error still remain! 10 days since I'm trying to do it!

Login to Me Too

Diggidydogg
New Community Member
Yep, I've been trying to open a dispute for 2 days now and am getting this error every time... I'm picking the transaction id out of the list, not entering it manually.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.