Instagram Scam ask for money as a gift, and closed off all contact with her after paying

stephenbeers
New Community Member

An Instagrammer was messaging me about a workout program and supplementation program that she offered. She claimed she had years of experience and was a professional in the field. Her Instagram had a bunch of photos, followers, and likes. I was confident this person would be able tot help me make workout plans, so I went ahead and asked her how much she charged. While the price wasn't cheap, like aforementioned, i was surely confident that it meant quality. She asked the best way to pay her, and I suggested Paypal. I asked her for her name and location so I could send her money, her website and everything was on her Instagram. I went ahead and paid for the service, however, once I logged back on Instagram her page was deleted. The email she provided to me, bounced back, and all phone calls I made were declined. I asked Paypal to helped me get my funds back, to no avail (They said they can't help). I am very frustrated that someone could be so manipulative. I lost too much money, and I am probably going to be limited in the use of Paypal service for the lack of empathy or acknowledgement toward such divisive actions. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

soveu49
Contributor
Contributor

Contact Instagram and report the scum they should be able to track her IP address and check in your browser it might still have an image of her post name as for PayPal no surprise they do the least they can for us victims/customers or contact someone whose computer savvy they might be able to track the thief I hope you recover your funds.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.