Incorrect item received-ship incorrect item back first, or get correct item shipped to me first?

Queued
New Community Member

I had received an incorrect item from the seller. Over two months later, I'm still trying to get this resolved and they finally agreed to ship me the correct item. They also agreed to send me a prepaid shipping label (because I had argued with them as to why I must pay for shipping the incorrect item back when it was their mistake to begin with) but are asking me to send the incorrect item back to them first before sending me the correct item. I'm not sure if I could trust them with finally sending me the correct item if I send back the incorrect item first. I assumed customer service would dictate to ship the correct item to the customer first. I have already been charged for the transaction. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

-Q-

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forums @Queued.

Anyways, I'm sure the seller would feel the same way if they didn't receive the incorrect item first before sending the correct item. Considering that the incorrect item is the sellers property, it would be best to follow the sellers instructions. Most sellers will tell you to send it back to them before they will send the correct item. This is so they can determine if your claim for an incorrect item replacement is valid - it's easier to do this than to count what they have in stock.

Also, about your "I assumed customer service would dictate to ship the correct item to the customer first" comment, do you purchase this item through another website, such as eBay, Amazon, the sellers own website, etc.?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.