Immediate cancellation of purchase through paypal and not seller

Chai84
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if there is any way to cancel a paypal payment immediately rather than be at the mercy of a seller who does not respond for days.

I placed an order on a site and later (12hrs after) came to know that it has a horrible record of dealing with warranties or even shipment of product. Hence I want to just cancel my order and have since been trying to from seller's side but there has been no response.

Meanwhile I have opened a case and await seller's response in paypal resolution centre and still have no response there. My money is locked and I wish there was a way. Thankfully paypal is there to protect me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately you can't cancel a transaction for a purchase - it's up to the seller or merchant as they have that option on their end.  All you can do is what you have done - open a dispute requesting a refund.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately you can't cancel a transaction for a purchase - it's up to the seller or merchant as they have that option on their end.  All you can do is what you have done - open a dispute requesting a refund.

Login to Me Too

Chai84
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the immediate reply. I am holding out hoping these scamsters dont ship knowingly and hold my money. My mistake partly too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.