I've been scammed, and PayPal allowed it!

Danth
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently made a purchase for virtual goods from https://www.goldicq.com/, I asked the Live Chat there how long after a payment has been made will I receive my goods, they said within 5 minutes. So I went ahead and made my purchase, returning to the Live Chat asking for the service to be delivered. At this time the Live Chat agent had told me I need to wait for the E-cheque to clear which could take up to a week. So I waited the week and returned, I asked again for my service, only to be told that they cannot accept my PayPal payment, as they need me to send the money via Western Union or Bitcoin. I kindly asked for a refund as I don't use these payment methods, but was rejected a refund until I send the funds via WU. I explained to the agent that I haden't received anything from the website and just wanted a refund, I was again told they would refund the PayPal money once they receive payment over WU, and even admitting they understand I've yet to receive anything from their website.

I thought this would be an easy one for PayPal to figure out, especially since I had a screenshot of chat logs. However, I was terribly wrong. I called into PayPal and explained the situation, I was told not to worry that it would be no problem recovering my funds. I waited almost 2 weeks and received an email from PayPal saying that the seller has provided a reasonable amount of evidence that I have received my goods, and that I wouldn't be entitled to a refund.

I could not believe my eyes, I immediately called PayPal and spoke with an agent who said they would reopen the case, I then called back to speak to a supervisor because I was so distraught over the entire thing, both agents told me all I can do is wait at the mercy of the Dispute team to decide.

Well, the appeal was denied and the scammers ran off with my 187.14 USD = 242.35 CND. I cannot believe PayPal's ignorance in this matter, and I will absolutely never trust this company with my money again - I've been a member of PP since around 05. I'm absolutely furious, PayPal you really let me down, and I cannot believe you would allow a long term member to be so clearly scammed.

Does anyone have any advice? It would be much appreciated, I'm willing to take any action necessary to reclaim what is rightfully mine.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Danth
Contributor
Contributor

Update: After $65 worth of long distance charges phoning PayPal, at least half a dozen emails, a dispute and 3 appeals, my case has been resolved!! Thanks to a Manager at PayPal who looked over my case files armed with common sense, something the PayPal dispute dept. could use some more of.

Everyone, please don't do any business with the scammers at GoldICQ, MMOOK, or MMOSE, you will regret it dearly.

GoldICQ:

Domain name: goldicq.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: namecheap.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: <removed>
Registrant Name: <removed>
Registrant Organization: <removed>
Registrant Street: <removed>
Registrant City: Changzhou
Registrant State/Province: P
Registrant Postal Code: 213000
Registrant Country: CN
Registrant Phone: <removed>
Registrant Email: kirbinbiz

MMOOK:

Domain name: mmook.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: namecheap.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: <removed>
Registrant Organization: <removed>
Registrant Street: <removed>
Registrant City: changzhou
Registrant State/Province: P

Admin Email: kirbinbiz

MMOSE:

Domain Name: MMOSE.COM
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: <removed>
Registrant Name: <removed>
Registrant Street: <removed>
Registrant City: changzhou
Registrant State/Province: jiangsu
Registrant Phone: <removed>
Registrant Email: kirbinbiz

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.