I've been getting scammed after I stopped using paypal

Herve3
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling offsite for a couple months and users tend to get my items then create a dispute to get their money back as a way of profiting. I was active with my account so when people tried to be sneaky I was able to counter the dispute and keep the money so they don't get both. But I have been off PayPal for many reasons and I get a letter from a debt collector that says I owe 107, now when I look at my account I saw that many people have got a chargeback (again to keep my item and get money back) and I believe there is no reason I should be paying 107 if I gave them the items but they win a chargeback because I stopped using paypal

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what do you mean by counter the dispute

did you win or you just move y our money elsewhere?

if youlose,your payment is refunded and you  get socked with$20 fee from their cc issuer.

unless you never want to use PAYPAL again,you will have to settle with the debt collector

Login to Me Too

Herve3
Contributor
Contributor

i had no idea they were making disputes beacuse i have recently stopped using paypal after they attempted refunding my purchase 3 times but on the 3rd time I end up with a negative balance when the money was already in my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.