I think I was scammed

Jenengel
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an iPhone on eBay. My ad stated I would not ship international but the first buyer was from out of the country so I canceled the transaction. Listed it again (stating I will not ship international) and the auction winner was again from outside the U.S. (Ukraine). I wanted this sale over with so I decided to go ahead and sell her the phone. Went to the post office and they tell me there is no tracking available to the Ukraine. Decided to go ahead since it was all packaged, paid for and ready to go. Of course the buyer now says they never received it and all I have is proof of shipment and my customs number. I'm **bleep**, aren't I?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Think so    Smiley Sad

Instead of just putting on your auctions that you won't ship internationally, you need to stop them bidding in the first place via your blocked bidder list and preferences in your account tab on your my ebay > selling prefs.   

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jenengel
Contributor
Contributor
Never knew that was an option. I don't take the time to read the fine print on eBay. This time my naïveté got the best of me and cost me several hundred dollars. I hope the person really needed the money feed her kids or something.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

you never know, the item may turn up.

i had an unpaid item dispute internationally and had to refund and 2 weeks later the item arrived and they paid me again !!!

you just never know.

good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jenengel
Contributor
Contributor
I asked her to wait a bit longer- you have a good point. Thanks for responding. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.