I think I was hacked!

Ajb62089
New Community Member
I believe my account was just hacked and now I am freaking out that my bank information may have been stolen what do I do? I changed my password n deleted payment cards but this g2a thing has a transaction pending so I can't delete my bank. It took out two transactions but then refunded the total for both of them and it's this gaming website g2a that I have never or would never use!!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Ajb62089

I understand that having unauthorized transactions can be concerning. We protect your banking information on your account so someone wouldn't be able to steal your information just by signing into your PayPal account. It sounds like the merchant identified these transactions were fraudulent if they have already refunded them. The only thing you would want to make sure you do is to change your password and security questions to resecure the account. Make sure the password is unique because your PayPal account password usually gets compromised from a less secure website where you use that same password. 

- Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.