I received an email I think is fraud

Sky_watcher54
New Community Member

I received an email that I believe is fraud. I cut it so I can paste it here:

Dear sky_watcher54

Your Account Has Been Limited

Recently, there's been activity in your PayPal account that seems unusual compared to your normal account activities. Please log in to PayPal to confirm your identity.

This is part of our security process and helps ensure that PayPal continue to be safer way to buy online. Often all we need is a bit more information. While your account is limited, some options in your account won't be available.

How to remove my limitation?

You can resolve your limitation by following these simple steps:

• Provide the information needed. The sooner your provide the information we need, the sooner we can resolve the situation.

"If this message sent as Junk or Spam, its just an error by our new system, please click at Not Junk or Not Spam"

Sincerely,

PayPal

Can someone tell me if this is a real email from PayPal or a fraud?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just log on to your account directly at PayPal.com.  Do not click any email links.  If nothing wrong, the email is fake.  That is the only way to absolutely confirm if there is a problem with your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is quite obvious the Log in Here is NO a PayPal link.

If you check the origination email you would find, also, that it is not a PayPal email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.