I purchased an item on invoice but it is a fake.

12-tam
Contributor
Contributor

On November 27th of this year I made a purchase of $295 through paypal invoice for a pair of shoes called Adidas Human Races. The seller told me that the item is in good condition and that is 100% authentic. However, once I received the shoes I realize that the shoe smells like glue and the material is super flimsy compared to my other pair. Therefore I filed a dispute on paypal stating that it was not as described. Currently the seller escalated the dispute to a claim saying that I am trying to scam him by sending him a different pair of shoes back even though the pictures he sent me looks identical to the shoes I have in hand. I'm just wondering how can I get my money back due to the fact that the shoe is fake and counterfeit (illegal in the US). 

Additional information: The seller stated that I am a new paypal user however I have been on paypal since 2011 and I have done many transactions that passed over $295 (Over 5 that exceeds that amount in the past week), I'm not sure if paypal would side with him on that, but I am just wondering what I can do to get my money back. I am willing to send his shoes back to him for a full refund however the seller does not want to talk to me at any case.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your story seems like you are a new and inexperienced PayPal buyer.

Name brand shoes are are very popular for scams. When the price seems too good to be true it is more likely a bad deal.

As an experienced PayPal buyer you would know that it is very costly to win a not as described case and that you need to return the with tracking for a refund.  You would know that such returns are likely to continue to appeal with uncertain outcome.

As an experienced PayPal buyer you would know that PayPal has no way to know whether buyer or seller is truthful.  You would know that PayPal does not oversee any product when packaged or received.

Well, now you do know that you are at risk of NOT getting a refund.  It was good education.

On the other hand, as an experienced PayPal buyer you would know that it is much better to pay with a credit card so you can dipute with the credit card and have a better chance to win.

As an experienced PayPal user you knew all this.

It may be that the seller was the real experienced PayPal user and knows all the deals.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.