I got scammed.

reinput
New Community Member

Obviously I've responded to paypal's dispute center or whatever with my proof but heres basically what happened: I sold something on ebay. cool. the buyer asks me to send it to an address not listed on her ebay account. I agreed. I wanna be a good seller. And this was bad on my part because I was super busy and just printed the shipping directions directly from ebay (so its to her listed location). I ended up refunding that one and buying one in the USPS office to send to where she requested it to be sent. I kept a lot of contact with her and she was glad that I sent it to the place she asked me to send it to. Even sent her the tracking number.

Fast forward a week or so after she recieved it. I recieve a case from paypal saying that the buyer did not authorize the transaction or whatever. so I provided all the proof above with screenshots and stuff and paypal said they would fight on my behalf towards the buyers financial institution. The financial institution sided with the buyer and now I lost the item and the money that I was supposed to get from this transaction as well as ebay fee and shipping label fee.

Something sketch that I shouldve noticed from the start besides the shipping mishap but she kept calling me sir and was really weird in her messages. i dont think english is her first language. even though her name is super "white". paypal has a generic email asking that I settle the dispute with her via email (they sent me her email) but obviously shes not going to give me my money back. what should i do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.