I got scammed. Please help me. This post can warn the others too...

temp20181128r
New Community Member

I applied to this work from home site www.onlinejobs.ph and I met my employer named Maria <removed>.  She offered me the position as Prepayment Manager, and that I will get 4% commission to every transaction processed.  To cut the story short, I got payment from a sold item on ebay thru my paypal and she asked me to deposit it to the seller in the Philippines.  It took days of course as I have to wait for the money, then a few more days to transfer it to my bank account. Until I was able to deposit it to the account of the seller around November.  Now upon checking my paypal, it appears that the same amount has been disputed on ebay and my Paypal is at negative status right now (paypal did a refund probably).  It's a large amount of money sadly.  I started researching and found out that this person has been scamming a lot of people since September.  Here is the site of some complaints against her -<removed> Now I don't know what to do.  I have all our emails, I have all screenshots of all our conversations and transactions, even our employment contract to prove that I am innocent.  This is also to warn other online workers out there not to trust this person anymore, she has been using different names and sites, but bottomline, any job offer similar to this - please reject.  Paypal team, please help me on this.  If you refunded the money to the buyer already, then that's how they get money from you or from decent working people like us.  It will leave us with negative balances on Paypal, and this is the only way we get paid from our online jobs.  I know it's not secure to provide all the photos here so appreciate if you can send me an email and I can send everything there. We need to report this to the authorities too.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Yaj70
Contributor
Contributor
They same happened to me. I was told the same thing and I was promised 5 percent of the transaction. I got this "contract" that I had to sign also. Wow. I really thought this was legit and now I'm scared, I don't know what to do. I wont be contacting her anymore.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.