I am not a Seller, I am a freelancer.

hemcervantes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am not a seller, I am a freelancer. My money is put on hold for 21 days. This is ridiculous because I am not a seller. How can I "established seller" if I am not a seller in the first place? My money is put on hold. Is there any setup I need to do with my paypal account for them to know that I am not a seller?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I know @Whac-A-MoleSmiley Happy

But some people want paint themselves in a corner over this funds hold business. They don't want to take some responsibility for risk.  PayPal for all it's flaws is dealing with their risk, and is asking users to put some skin in the game too.  Wait 21 days is all, not 6 months. If the OP is not willing then sorry, they will have to accept it and find another way to get paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

siela
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, i have same problem. I am a freelancer. And paypal wanted to send invoices as proof.

I sent all the necessary documents, but my  paypal account was limited, and peaceful informed me that it would be closed. I have available balance more $300. This is another scam to stealing money. I talked many times with customer service, their response is always, please send the following documents......

The same documents I had to send them five times and finally :

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account because of certain activity that took place relating to your account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@siela

You were doing activity which PayPal didn't like and it was too risky so PayPal closed your account.  PayPal must protect it's own business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.