I am not a Seller, I am a freelancer.

hemcervantes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am not a seller, I am a freelancer. My money is put on hold for 21 days. This is ridiculous because I am not a seller. How can I "established seller" if I am not a seller in the first place? My money is put on hold. Is there any setup I need to do with my paypal account for them to know that I am not a seller?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are selling your service; that makes you a seller business.

Do you provide invoices for your services?

How are you paid for your services?

Login to Me Too

hemcervantes
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am sending them invoices. I am paid through paypal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There you go.  You invoice for payment in exchange for services or goods = seller.  Then you mark the transaction as "processed" via add tracking link on the classic view details page.  You still have to wait though.  This hold regimen is temporary until you have an established a good selling history with PayPal so plan your finances around the hold for now.  PayPal review your account monthly to decide to release you from hold or not.  They will email you when they do.  All new and some established sellers go through this program.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hemcervantes
Contributor
Contributor

This is not funny. How will I gonna complete the 3 steps? I don't have enough clients, I only have one client and the job is within every month, the payment as well. What if am I not going to complete the 3 steps? Will everything be gone? Do I want to know what to do if I am not going to complete the 21 days? Are you seeing my point?!Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_1.png

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No, I don't see your point.  What is your point?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Amusing how people try to duck n' dodge that they are a seller. lol

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You must know the pitfall when you accept Paypal $$ for your service?

If your client file item not received,how do you prove you have performed your service or deliver your 'goods'?

Paypal expects online viewable tracking number showing it has been delivered to his address.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then PayPal is not the payment processor for you.  Ask your client for a bank check or use Western Union/moneygram.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Then PayPal is not the payment processor for you.  Ask your client for a bank check or use Western Union/moneygram.

It depends what you offer -whether it is a buyer or seller market?

If the buyer is overseas,he is not going to spend extra to wire you the payment,he could move on to someone else.

In the good old days we can ask for cashier check,money order,moneygram,wiretransfer or cash,never heard of credit card and there was no PAYPAL,every day Mon-Saturday,I GO to the post office and reach into my mail box,and pull out 4-6 envelopes filled with cash,money order,personal checks.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.