How to provide new evidence to a closed case?

eklein23
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer on discogs.com filed a claim against me (the seller) for items not delivered (which I did ship).  Without evidence that the items were received, PayPal ruled in favor of the buyer, sent him a refund from my account, and closed the case.  Some time after that, the buyer sent me a message that the items had arrived and that he intended to send me a repayment.  He never followed through on that promise.  I would like to submit the new evidence (presumably a screenshot of the buyer's message) in hopes of getting the refund reversed, but there seems to be no way to do that.  If I attempt to open a dispute and select the original transaction, the site shows a generic error message.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have no valid proof of delivery (tracking number) so no reason to appeal.  You would need to phone PayPal support if you wanted to appeal a case.

In future make sure you use a tracking number to show delivery.

Check PayPal polices for delivery proof requirements.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

send him a money request,give him a call and tell him to pay.

other than that,not much you can do,if you appeal ,you need tracking,not email 

Login to Me Too

HaleyDurden
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me as well - someone I considered a friend a long time ago while I quit speaking to due to differences in lifestyle - I recently ran across again. Every time I saw her it was something new. One time she was “being robbed and beaten by a man while texting me but didn’t call the police” her partner is divorcing her because she has personal issues she needs to get fixed to be healthy & honest. After several times helping her for various things I began seeing the trend that they were untrue - the final time, my 11 month old son had just passed away. I visited her to talk about him, cry, talk to someone. She ended up telling ME ask storu how she couldn’t pay her utilities, I paid for the funeral, urn, and now I’m putting thousands in savings (everything I have to my name) for an elaborate memorial because he was so special. This woman has never worked, she lives off of Disability and chasing one thing..... Long story short In a rush I sent her 200 instead of 20, and left the country less than 24 hours later so I never had service note djd I nktice because it was a cruise where I was the sound tech. About a month later I ask if I can have the money back when j realize the mistake because I have to **bleep** for my baby boys memorial - she stopped responding and when she djd jr was just nasty - I filed it under the wrong category/ PayPal didn’t ask a single question to me. Protect me as a king time used with not a single jssue, and she Laucjsd and said “see I’m calling now to make sure I keel the money krberwjse hmm be overdrafted” I’m sorry but my son just passed away and you’re an adult / it was a mistake ykh n kw it was and they gave her the rmknrh back within Hours, well my son has a stroke during childbirth and j spent 7 weeks holding his little finders anime he didn’t move - he overcame it and was perfect until his blankie took him. I cannot afford to pay an amount that was accidental, she knew it wasn’t she’ll see to be that much bjt j guess she had a great week ankle knwas fine and by the time I was back somehow again she’s been robbed and has no mkneh and starts lying saving sbe never Sakd ever I have via text message - proving she said she would pay me back I just wanted her kids to have hot showers since their mom chose pills over that, Payal has severely let me down and during the worst time of my life allowed someone to take advantage of kindness without sleep much as an actual knfestifatjkn a so much for lprotection.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.