How to block a merchant

Sherry212
New Community Member

I disputed some monthly charges but PayPal said they were authorized. I still don't recognize them. Although I can't get my money back, I at least want to stop the monthly charges. Is there a way to block a merchant from charging your account? As a last resort, is there a way to delete my PayPal account?

(I saw that this question has been asked before but could not find the answers.)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

best is to contact the merchant,

did you sign up for recurring payments in your paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Sherry212  First I would call PayPal and explain what you want to do, you certainly do not want to violate any Policy.  Next, it sounds like you might have a Re-occuring OR Automatic Payment set up with the Merchent in question, without more detail on what type of merchant replies here will be limited.  You can also set up another PayPal account and terminate the existing one but I am not sure of the procedure, for THAT call PayPal and ask how to do it, again without violating Policy for multiple accounts.  It could be as simple as changing the email address associated with the account immediately.  In the case of a vendor like eBay, the payments are directed to your PayPal account via the email address, not sure if payments get treated the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.