How long should I wait to escalate a dispute to Paypal?

Superimposed
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Community,

What is a decent amount time to wait to escalate a dispute to Paypal after asking the Seller a question regarding an order?

Background: Pre-Ordered Samsung Galaxy S8 from Samsung on March 29. Release date was April 21st. Checked my order several times through out the month and status showed paid. Was not expecting to see the phone on launch day but at least expecting to see some shipment info - but nothing. Contacted the 1-855 number on the site, told by the man on the other end there was no record of my order in his system. Tried emailing the the company via the email they have listed on Paypal - bounced back saying mailbox full. My CC via Paypal was charged the full amount on March 29. I've submitted a dispute yesterday at 1pm Friday and as of right now, 11:30am Saturday, there is no response. How long should I give the Seller to respond before I escalate this to Paypal?

Thanks for your insight.

Cheers,

Superimposed

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Superimposed

From a personal point of view i do it this way, but everyone is different and it has to be right for you.

1. If i raise a dispute and a seller responds within 2-3 working days then I wait it out.

2. If I raise a dispute and a seller does NOT respond within 2-3 working days then I escalate to a claim.

BUT whatever you do DO NOT close either the dispute or the claim until you have your item or a CLEARED refund.

If you get a tracking number DO NOT close the dispute as if when you get the phone it is misdescribed or damaged in anyway you can ''change'' the dispute from non receipt to one of not as described. BUT you can't re-open a closed dispute.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Superimposed

From a personal point of view i do it this way, but everyone is different and it has to be right for you.

1. If i raise a dispute and a seller responds within 2-3 working days then I wait it out.

2. If I raise a dispute and a seller does NOT respond within 2-3 working days then I escalate to a claim.

BUT whatever you do DO NOT close either the dispute or the claim until you have your item or a CLEARED refund.

If you get a tracking number DO NOT close the dispute as if when you get the phone it is misdescribed or damaged in anyway you can ''change'' the dispute from non receipt to one of not as described. BUT you can't re-open a closed dispute.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.