How do I appeal my closed case with PayPal?

Duped2015
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal recently found in my favor after I escalated a dispute to a claim when merchanidise I received from a seller was grossly unlike the photos on their website.  PayPal's caveat was that I had to ship the merchandise back to the seller.  The merchandise arrived from a US address but the requested return shipping from the seller was in China!  When I did the pricing to ship it back to China WITH TRACKING/PROOF OF DELIVERY, as per PayPal's buyer protection requirements, I found that it would cost $145.00!  My order purchase was only $103.55.  I called PayPal and explained that it doesn't make sense that I should have to pay to ship my items back to China when the seller is the one selling fraudulent and knock-off merchandise.  The PayPal rep agreed and said that she would reach out to the seller and request that they provide me a postage paid mailing label.  I received an email confirmation after our call stating that "we are waiting for additional information from the seller".  At that point, I took no action as I was waiting for next steps from PayPal.  What I got instead was a notification that my claim had been cancelled due to lack of returning the merchandise within 10 days of the decision!  I once again called PayPal and was told that at the end of the day, it was my responsibility to return the items within 10 days - to China - paying more than my items cost - to ship them back!!  During that conversation, the rep said that since the seller (Zaful/SammyDress/IVAN/<removed>) had made an offer to refund me $30.00 towards my purchase, that they would apply that refund and split the difference with me.  He said it was my ONLY option to get some of my money back.  So I got $67.00 towards my $130.55 purchase and continued to email the seller through their online customer service system requesting the difference as a refund.  They've recently agreed via an email through their system that they will apply an additional $40.00.  How do I get PayPal to reopen my case?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Duped2015
Contributor
Contributor

Cool.. I called and waited like 30 minutes but got through to a live person and explained the situation.  All resolved and got a FULL refund!  Thanks

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duped2015

Sorry have not got time to wade through all of that.

Can you edit and ask an actual question?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Duped2015
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry.  Thought the background info would be useful.  The "actual question:

How do I appeal my closed case with PayPal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duped2015

Put it all the info in a message and send it with the transaction id and the dispute id to >>

Customer Services via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Duped2015
Contributor
Contributor

Cool.. I called and waited like 30 minutes but got through to a live person and explained the situation.  All resolved and got a FULL refund!  Thanks

Login to Me Too

jamesnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

honestly, the more services and goods I buy via paypal, the more insecure I feel from Paypal Help centre.

in this case, I live outside US i can't take a phone call to them and waiting for a response then they answer me by general information with copying and pasting

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.