How can I tell if the seller has started the refund process?

matt830024
Contributor
Contributor

"If you used a credit or debit card to fund the original payment, the refunded money will go back to your card. This may take up to 30 days."

While waiting for up to 30 days can I tell whether the seller has actually started the refund process?  If after 30 days of waiting for the refund to go through I find that he has in fact done nothing, I could be outside the 45 dispute period.

Thanks for the help! 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your a bit confused, a refund shows in your paypal account in about a week dependent on how the seller refunded it.

BUT as soon as they refund you it should show as pending or on temp hold and you get an email to say the seller has refunded.

Once the refund is marked as COMPLETED, IF you funded it from a card then paypal state it takes up to 30 days to go back to a card, however in my experience its nearer to a few days > week.

If you are in the U.S you now have up to 180 days to open a dispute. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your a bit confused, a refund shows in your paypal account in about a week dependent on how the seller refunded it.

BUT as soon as they refund you it should show as pending or on temp hold and you get an email to say the seller has refunded.

Once the refund is marked as COMPLETED, IF you funded it from a card then paypal state it takes up to 30 days to go back to a card, however in my experience its nearer to a few days > week.

If you are in the U.S you now have up to 180 days to open a dispute. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

matt830024
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.