How can I stop Merchant from auto billing my PP acct?

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe I was so STUPID to fall victim to this well-known scam!

A few days ago (1/30) I ordered a "Free Trial" of a moisturizer from Coal Cosmetics. I was billed $4.95 for the S/H and the sample arrived today (2/3). It wasn't what I thought it would be so I went looking for the webite I ordered from and ran across numerous scam reports on this company. Turns out it's one of those hoaxes where, if you don't call them to cancel within 14 days your account will be billed $89.95 monthly membership. There was NO fine print about this on the website, nor any phone number to call when placing the order. Only after much digging did I find the phone number to cancel future shipments and billing. I just called and cancelled. Many of the scam reports stated that they did the same thing and were billed the same $89.95 anyway. At this point, I doubt my call did any good and that, at the end of the 14 days, they are going to bill my acct. 

My question: How can I put PayPal on alert to stop payment to this company? They are not listed among my "pre-approved billing" merchants. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call PayPal customer service: 

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.