Home Address Not approved

Jackdnp121
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there can somebody please help me . I've withdraw money from my bank and send it into PayPal Australia . How ever they are asking me for id and address . I'm ok to provided my id but can not provided any address ( phone bill . Electric ... ) because I'm living and working in Malaysia at the moment . I do have a copy of mail from Medicare Australia but they don't approved that . Anyway they have restricted my acc so my money is pretty much locked in PayPal aus . Tried to call them nothing helps . Did leave a message to them so far no answer . Can someone please help me is there anything I can do now ? Can I just close the account and simply send the money back to my bank account ? ( linked with PayPal ) ... thank u ... to be honest pretty disappointed with customer server PayPal Australia don't think they r doing a good job . And the last thing I want is unable to retrieve my money back ... thank you have a nice day
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal is country specific.  If you are living abroad for work, you must open a PayPal acct in Malaysia or in new host country. You may keep the AU account open while you are away but you cannot use it in Malaysia without all this verification stuff because PayPal can see your location and want to make sure you are you logging in and not someone unauthorized.  

You need to submit documents that are under your AU address or the account won't be reinstated.  You can ask for the 180 days or less to withdrawl your money and the account will continue to be limited.  With this, I do not think it is likely you can open another PayPal AU account.  Or if you move back to AU one day, you can try and ask if you can reinstate the account.

PayPal is a serious financial instrument and we cannot just do whatever with it because they need to be able to verify it is you, plus complying with government and financial regulations. I recommend people who are traveling, not to use their PayPal account during their trip and use credit card for the duration of your travel.  If you are moving to new country, prepare the old account to be dormant and open new account in new country of residence to avoid these complications.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jackdnp121
Contributor
Contributor
Well I do understand PayPal is Country specific , but see case like me , doesn't have any phone bill , gas bill ... I can get a statement from my aus bank BUT I don't think they accept it , when u have to pay someone with money and situation like this comes out of course I will be frustrated . But anyway thanks for your reply and please give me more detail about this 180 or less thing . How to do it , I just wonna settle this asap ... Thank You !
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

why do you want to send fund to your Paypal aussie account when you are in Malaysia.

did you ever live there,then find some bills with address?

180 days withholding your money,then adios with your money back

Login to Me Too

Jackdnp121
Contributor
Contributor
I'm a musician and my job requires me to travel around and PayPal aus is the only PayPal acc I have which linked to my aus bank account , one thing for sure , I won't send anything to my aus PayPal anymore before I settle back ...
Login to Me Too

Jackdnp121
Contributor
Contributor
One more thing ... will it work if I give them my bill in Malaysia address ? Thanks !
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Documentation must be for the address of your account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackdnp121

PayPal AU account need AU address on bill.  Malaysia PayPal account, you need Malaysia address on bill.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.