Help with receiving a payment

Nko280
New Community Member
I have a Craigslist ad; selling an iPhone 6. I have a buyer that would like to purchase and have the item shipped. However I have never received a payment via paypal and am wondering if it is a good idea to go through with the transaction. If he sends payment to my account is that final? I am worried that if I receive payment and ship the item that he could cancel payment once the item is already shipped. Hopefully someone can help me with some information
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Make sure the payment he sends is not just Pending, but shows as Completed. If it's only Pending wait until it clears to Completed before shipping.

Make sure the payment is covered by Seller Protection, and ship to the address provided on the payment details. Also make sure to ship with a trackable service like USPS/UPS/FedEx, and add the tracking number into the PayPal transaction details page so the system can see when it's been delivered.

Waiting for "Completed" payment will ensure the buyer cannot simply cancel the payment before you receiver it. Shipping to address on a protection eligible payment will help shield you from chargebacks.

Follow all of those procedures, and worse case scenario should be that if the buyer complains he'll have to provide proof of returned merchandise before getting a refund.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.