Help please!

pepperspp
Contributor
Contributor
a customer sent money to my account and i added tracking and they said they received it. My money is clear but it won’t let do anything with it as I’m getting a message saying the date they paid a person said they didn’t get an item as described and wants me to refund the person which I cannot do as they’ve received it. I’m so confused and lost for what to do about this. I was unsure how to explain it but I hope it makes sense
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Assuming they sent the money using the "goods and services" option, you shipped the item to them and then they opened a dispute requesting a refund for "item not as described", your account will be limited until the "dispute" is settled or closed - if the dispute is elevated to a claim, then PayPal will decide if the buyer should get a refund - should that happen, PayPal will ask the buyer to return the item and they will refund the money.   Unfortunately, not all buyers are kind enough to return an item and will provide a fake tracking number, PayPal sees the tracking info assuming the item is being returned and moves forward with refunding the money.   (There's not much you can do other than provide any details or info that PayPal requests from you during their review and hope that the item is actually returned to you.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.